The Guillain Barre Syndrome Association of NSW is a small support group with approximately 70 members including eight volunteer Committee Members who are dedicated to providing support to people impacted by Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS), Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP) and related disorders through:
• Providing information and support to improve the quality of life for people affected with GBS/CIDP or related disorders via its website, newsletters, email, helpline, counselling and hospital visits.
• Providing financial support to people affected with GBS/CIDP or related disorders.
• Pioneering new research to find a cure and promoting awareness of the condition.
• Fostering development of new treatments and models of care within the medical community.
• Creating local area networks to support sufferers in regional and remote areas.